Privacy Statement & Consent
GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) is the most significant piece of privacy and data protection legislation in twenty years. It takes effect on 25th May 2018. It significantly increases the obligations and responsibilities for organisations and businesses in how they collect, use and protect personal data. At the centre of the new law is the requirement for organisations and businesses to be fully transparent about how they are using and safeguarding personal data, and to be able to demonstrate accountability for their data processing activities.
This is the website of Cork Nutrition Consultancy.
PRIVACY & DATA PROTECTION
- The information below describes our practices in respect of information collection and dissemination relating to the website. We advise that you read this Privacy Statement to ensure that you are aware of your rights. By using this website, you are accepting the terms of this Privacy Statement. If you do not agree with, or you do not accept any aspect of the Privacy Statement, you should not use this website.
- We reserve the right to change this Privacy Statement as appropriate. Every time you use this website you will be bound by the most recent version of the Statement. Therefore, we recommend that you should review the Privacy Statement each time you use this website.
YOUR INFORMATION AND HOW WE USE IT
- Communicating via the internet is not completely secure and may mean that your personal information is processed by third-parties. Although we will endeavour to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data as transmitted to our site. Any transmission of data is at your own risk. Once we receive your personal data, we will use appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorised access.
- We are committed to protecting the security of your data. We do not require you to provide personal information unless you wish to avail of features or services on this website (such as making an appointment). If or when you do send us data, it will be used for the stated purpose and any other reasonable purposes only. We do not sell or distribute your personal information to third parties for purposes of allowing them to market products and services to you.
This information will only be used by us for:
- When you access this website via a browser or search engine no personal information is revealed to us, although certain statistical information is available to us via our internet service provider. This information may include the IP and address of the server you are using, the top-level domain name from which you access the internet (for example .ie, .com, etc.), the type of browser you are using, the date and time you access our site and the internet address linking to our site.
- You may send us information via this website, such as through the “contact us, make an appointment” pages or any other area where you may send e-mails, ask us to contact you or provide feedback. By choosing to participate in these, you may need to provide us with some personal information.
REMOVAL OF, OR CHANGES TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- The purposes for which it was provided by you and any reasonable / relevant purposes;
- verification purposes and statistical analysis
- investigate any improper use of our products, services or the network; and
- carry out activities necessary to the running of our business, including systems testing, network monitoring, staff training and quality control
- You have the right to access your data and to have any inaccuracies in the details we hold corrected. You also have the right to have the information erased if we do not have a legitimate reason for retaining it.
- You may request, in writing copies of your data held by us as data controller. We will provide you with a copy of the data held by us as soon as reasonably possible and no more than 30 days after we receive a valid request in writing.
- Please send all requests in writing to the Data Protection Compliance Officer, Cork Nutrition Consultancy, 1st floor, Elmwood Medical Practice, Frankfield, Douglas, Co. Cork or email email@example.com . Please be aware that we may require you to provide additional information to enable us to identify your personal data and/or to verify your identity.
SOFTWARE SYSTEMS & CLOUD-BASED PLATFORMS
- Cork Nutrition Consultancy transferred from manual/handwritten files to electronic record-keeping in February 2010. We do still hold a small number of handwritten files from patients seen prior to 2010. These records are stored in a secure location and will be destroyed in due course. Confidential shredding of medical records is currently carried out by a team of administration staff at Elmwood Medical Practice, Cork, where my private clinic in located.
- Cork Nutrition Consultancy uses a number of secure and encrypted software systems and cloud-based platforms where we hold your personal data.
- The practice management software system we use is called Socrates, which is GDPR-compliant. All documents sent or received in relation to your care are scanned and then confidentially shred immediately (including but not limited to letters to and from GPs, consultants & other healthcare professionals, as well as laboratory reports).
- Socrates Practice Management Software Launch GDPR Sentinel Module_27 March 2018
- The cloud-based nutritional analysis platform we use is called Nutritics, and it is also GDPR-compliant.
- Nutritics_GDPR_DATA PROCESSOR AGREEMENT_22 May 2018
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
- The information, content, graphics, text, images, trademarks, trade names and logos contained on this website are protected by copyright, trade mark, and other intellectual property laws under national laws and international treaties.
- Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from other website (the “Third Party Websites”). If you follow a link to any of Third Party Websites, please note that the Third Party Websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for those policies. Please check the Third Party Websites’ policies before you submit any personal data to the Third Party Websites.
- The material contained in this website is for general information purposes only and does not constitute professional advice nor is it intended to create a clinician- client relationship.
As and from 25th May 2018, all patients attending my private nutrition and dietetic clinic, based at Elmwood Medical Practice, Frankfield, Douglas, Cork, will be asked to complete a registration and consent form. In the consent form we confirm what information we hold about you and how we are permitted to use it. You will be provided with a copy of the signed consent. You can view our patient registration and consent form here:
Patient Registration & Consent for Form_24 May 2018
You may also wish to read the Patient Information Leaflet on Data Protection, which is for all patients of Elmwood Medical Practice Cork, including my patients who attend the private nutrition and dietetic clinic.
Elmwood_Data Protection Patient Information Leaflet_NOC_24 May 2018
Last updated: 25th May 2018