Consultation fees for nutrition clinic at Elmwood Medical Centre. or for remote consultations by video / telephone:
Consultation Fees for New Patients
- Initial Consultation (~ 1 hour): €110
- Joint or Family consultation, (max. 2 new patients) (~1½ hrs): €180
Fees for Review Consultations
- Individual Review Consultation (~ ½ hour): €55
- Extended Individual Review (~ 45 mins): € 80
- Joint or family review consultation (max. 2 patients) (~45 mins): €90
Reduced fees for GMS / Medical Card Holders
- Initial Consultation (~ 1 hour): €100
- Review Consultation (~ 30 mins): €50
- Extended Individual Review (~ 45 mins): € 75
*Please bring a current valid medical card with you to avail of the GMS discount*
Additional Services (added on to a consultation)
- Analysis & Report of a 3-day food diary €80
- Letter to GP/consultant €20
*Fees must be paid in full on the date of your consultation(s)*
Fees for housecalls, visits to private nursing homes, hospitals, residential units and care homes:
- Consultation fees quoted on request.
- Daily and sessional rates also available.
Fees will be invoiced on completion.
Career Guidance Session for second & third level students
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further details
Payment methods available:
- In the clinic, we accept Credit cards, Debit cards, Cash or cheque.
- For remote, virtual or telephone consultations, we will email you an invoice with a link where you can pay securely online via the Stripe platform.
It is the policy of this practice to issue receipts for each consultation.
Reimbursement from health insurance companies:
Fees paid to qualified dietitians / clinical nutritionists who are CORU-registered, are approved by VHI, Laya & Irish Life Health. Your receipt will be stamped with my CORU registration number & professional membership number of the INDI (Irish Nutrition & Dietetic Institute).
Note: St. Paul's Garda Medical Aid Society do not currently provide any reimbursements for dietitian fees.
Reimbursements from private health insurers range from €15 to €82 per consultation, per member.
Click the link below download the full PDF reimbursement document:
Fees paid to CORU-registered dietitians qualify as medical expenses on which tax relief can be claimed. Previously, receipts could be included in the Med.1 form, but from January 2020 this must now be done as part of your tax return
- using Form 12 if you are an employee
- using Form 11 if you are self-employed / self-assessed